I make art, teach workshops and create designs inspired by science.
Photo from a research trip to CERN for my ‘POTATO POWERED COSMOS’ project.
As glamorous as this looks, sadly, as experiments were on at CERN, the LHC was not open to lay-people but I got to stand next to this life-size photo of it and look the part!
``Art and science may have different end-goals but they share imagination, curiosity and a quest for knowledge.``
I have a particular interest in physics. I call it the ‘Wonder’ science. I love exploring its themes such as; energy, entropy, scale, time and matter. It covers the very structure of the universe from the infinitesimally small to the unimaginably huge. From particles to waves to fields it’s basically AWESOME.
I believe that bringing art and science together is fertile creative territory and my aim is to make science and technology engaging and accessible through art and design.
Among my favourite projects, are; a ‘Potato Powered Cosmos’ at CERN, an exhaust pipe ‘organ’ fed with air pollution data and a music synthesizer played by a Geiger counter.
My intentions are serious, but my methods are playful.
- CERN selected as the ‘Invited Artist’ for their High School Teachers Programme in 2017
- Awarded a research trip to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, Geneva, Switzerland. This resulted in an installation exhibited there in 2016 through art@cms..
- Co-curated the major exhibition ‘Flashes To Ashes: Fire In British Art – 1692-2019’, (co-authoring book with the same title) at Royal West of England Academy, Bristol
- One of the winners in the ‘UK Robotics Week 2020 Environment Making Challenge’with SERAS (Skills and Robotics for Autonomous systems.)
- Funding awards from; Arts Council, Heritage Lottery Fund and Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- MA Fine art (Distinction) from Chelsea College of Art, London, 2015.
- Elected Academician of the Royal West of England Academy in Bristol.
- Previously selected for the Jerwood Drawing prize.
- Collections include ‘The Royal Trust Collection’.
- Represented by Cube Gallery London and have shown with them at National and International art fairs for nearly 20 years.
- Commissions include 15 works for the prestigious Connaught Hotel in London.
My favourite hobby